The Central Dredging Association (CEDA) is now accepting abstracts for its Dredging Days 2019, which will be held from November 7 to 8 in Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands. It will again take place alongside Europort 2019.
CEDA Dredging Days 2019 brings together members of the dredging community, experts from port authorities, knowledge institutes, universities, engineering consultants, government agencies, dredging contractors and manufacturers, to present their new results, achievements and ongoing projects.
Abstracts presenting both practical applications, as well as applied and academic research, are encouraged on advancements in equipment, processes, tools, methodology and contracting. Sample topics include:
- Reduced effects on the environment
- Use of nature-based solutions
- Capabilities of dredging deeper in harder soils, harsher conditions, or restricted spaces
- Improvements in dredged material management
- Use of dredging know-how in new industries (e.g. deep-sea mining)
- Improved contractual arrangements to benefit all parties
In addition, topics that challenge the current reality, against near-future expectations, to deduce what will, and will not, be possible for future dredging projects, will be of particular interest.
Deadline for abstract submissions is January 11. For details click here.