The Central Dredging Association’s (CEDA) Dredging Days 2019 will be held from November 7 to 8, 2019, in Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands. It will again take place alongside Europort maritieme tradeshow.
CEDA Dredging Days provides a platform for members of the dredging community, experts from port authorities, knowledge institutes, universities, engineering consultants, government agencies, dredging contractors and manufacturers, to present their new results, achievements, and ongoing projects.
Abstracts presenting practical applications and applied and academic research, are being accepted on advancements in equipment, processes, tools, methodology and contracting. Sample topics include:
- Reduced effects on the environment
- Use of nature-based solutions
- Capabilities of dredging deeper in harder soils, harsher conditions, or restricted spaces
- Improvements in dredged material management
- Use of dredging know-how in new industries (e.g. deep-sea mining)
- Improved contractual arrangements to benefit all parties
In addition, topics that explore what will and will not be possible for future dredging projects are of particular interest.
Deadline for abstract submissions is January 11. For details visit the conference’s website, www.cedaconferences.org/dredgingdays2019