The Western Dredging Association (WEDA) is accepting nominations for the 2017 WEDA Safety Excellence Award. The deadline for nominations is April 15 2017.
Since 2008 WEDA has given this award to project teams or individual organizations showing exceptional safety performance in reducing or eliminating dredging hazards. Each year one award is given to a dredging project and one to a dredging contractor. Thirteen organizations have received the award to date.
Dredging contractors suppliers and manufacturers consultants academics and government entities who are WEDA members operate within WEDA’s jurisdiction have a Total Recordable Injury Rate of 2.0 or less and show a downward trend in recordable incidents are eligible to apply. Applications must include:
1. Lagging and leading indicators of the projects safety performance.
2. Clear articulation of why this accomplishment has uniquely advanced the nominee’s safety success.
3. An overview of the Safety Management System and other support processes that have led to accomplishment of the milestone.
4. 1-2 specific safety strategies or tools used by the nominee that WEDA members could apply back in their own workplaces.
5. A narrative on the nominee’s contribution to raising safety awareness and improving safety in dredging for the worker and the workplace.
Nominations should be sent to Julie Hile WEDA’s Safety Commission Chair at email@example.com. Award winners are expected to participate in the Dredging Summit & Expo Safety Panel June 26-29 2017 in Vancouver British Columbia.