By the beginning of August eight manufacturers of dredges and related parts had committed to exhibit at the AGG1 Aggregates Forum and Expo to be held March 9 through 12 2009 at the Orange County Convention Center Orlando Florida.
Caterpillar Inc. Columbia Steel Casting Co. Dredging Supply Company Inc. Kruse Controls Inc. Linatex Corporation of America Metso Minerals Industries Rohr Corporation and Superior Industries LLC are on the exhibitors list so far along with manufacturers of processing equipment for sand and gravel.
The organizers will strive to group like vendors in the 90000-square-foot exhibit hall. There will be a special area for displays containing large equipment. A special dredging pavilion will contain five or six compact exhibits. Other special pavilions will focus on environment safety and health finance/lease testing and information/technology.
The educational program will feature talks and forums on dredging community relations/government affairs; drill and shoot engineering properties and research environment equipment management leadership management and human resources mine planning pit-to-plant processing safety and health transportation and underground mining.
The preliminary dredging program subject to change includes:
1. Maximizing Profits by Understanding Hydraulic Dredge Efficiency – Charles Johnson Dredging Supply Company and Brooks Delaney RLF Baldwin: understanding and then modifying dredge operation the dredge/pipeline system and the dredge power plant to reduce operating cost and downtime and to increase production.
2. Hydraulic Dredge Case Studies – Jerry Mock Oldcastle: This case study depicts the evolution of a sand and gravel cutterhead dredge into a cutter head/digging jet dredge capable of mining stiff clays and compacted aggregates. Bill Smith Vulcan: This case study reveals some of the engineering and operational decisions that led to the deepest mining hydraulic dredge in North America. CDW customer – the benefits of a chain ladder dredge in sand and gravel deposits with large aggregate.
3. Mechanical Dredge Operation – Chris Nelson Rohr Corporation
4. Mechanical Dredge Case Studies – two case studies by Rohr customers and one by a Supreme Manufacturing customer.
5. Dredging Round Table Discussion – presented by all dredge manufacturers and suppliers: an interactive session with questions and comments from the audience.
In the Automation session Jay Wise and Mike Sassano of Kruse Controls Inc. will present Aggregate Plant Automation 101 providing an overview of prevailing automation technology and how this technology could be applied to an existing aggregate plant implementation strategies and benefits and justifications for various automation components.
Another talk that would be of interest to all in the dredging industry is under the Drill and Shoot category: Underwater Blasting by Stuart Brashear Dyno Consult.
The exposition combines 13 forums that were previously held individually by the NSSGA.
“Agg1 will be designed by the industry for the industry with plentiful input from our important manufacturers and services members. AGG1 is intended to deliver superior quality education programs in multiple disciplines for aggregate producers as well as traditional committee meetings” said NSSGA Chairman Louis Griesemer president and CEO of Springfield Underground Inc. “This unique event is a working conference to include an expanded trade show opportunity for exhibitors” he said.
Rick Feltes of Elburn Illinois a past chairman of NSSGA will chair the Agg1 management committee. Randy Kremer of Granite Construction chairs the education subcommittee and NSSGA Past Chairman Greg Bush of Linwood Mining & Minerals chairs the exhibits subcommittee.
The 2009 Agg1 will be co-located with the National Asphalt Pavement Association’s World of Asphalt Show and Conference. The Association of Equipment Manufacturers will provide show management services.
Agg1 Aggregates Forum & Expo is owned by the National Stone Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) 1605 King Street Alexandria VA 22314 phone: 703-525-8788.
Registration for AGG1 2009 Aggregates Forum & Expo begins on October 1 2008. Participants can register online at the Association of Equipment Managers web site: www.aem.org. AEM is located at 6737 West Washington Street Suite 2400;Milwaukee WI 53214-5647 USA; phone: 800-355-6635 414-298-4141; email: firstname.lastname@example.org