The GLDD Safety Leadership Team is committed to and accountable for providing leadership in the creation of an Incident and Injury-Free (IIF) work environment in which all employees return safely to their families. In this work environment:
• All workers take responsibility for their safety and their co-workers’ safety and will not accept unsafe actions from themselves or others.
• Everyone feels they can stop an unsafe action without fear of repercussion. •All workers care for each other and treat each other with respect and dignity through open and honest communication.
• Safety is never compromised in the name of production.
• Safety issues that cannot be resolved with your immediate supervisor should be brought to the attention of a member of the SLT.
• Everyone works safely because they want to versus having to.
• The Safety Management System (SMS) is seen as a valuable tool that is a living document for eliminating injuries.
• Safety awareness is raised so that it becomes a part of our everyday life at work and at home.
• Every employee is familiar with the goals of IIF and acknowledges that they want to be part of it.
• LDD expects all vendors and subcontractors to commit to being part of Great Lakes’ Incident and injury free work environment.
The Safety Leadership Team promises to be visible in taking a proactive approach in creating this IIF environment. We will ensure that this work environment at GLDD is safe from all recognized hazards and our equipment is in safe operating condition by responding quickly and effectively to concerns.