Dredging Supply Company Wins Presidents E Award for Export Growth in the U.S.
A 20-inch Shark dredge delivered to Nigeria in 2005.
Marlin 14 x 12 electric dredge delivered to Chile in 2003.
A 40-foot work boat delivered to Abu Dhabi in 2006, along with a 24-inch Shark dredge.
DSC’s export sales have grown significantly from $1.7 million in 2003 to $4.2 million in 2006. Transforming from a small, family-owned business to an international exporter, DSC’s achievements have contributed to national export expansion efforts, and have created American jobs. Over the three year period, DSC sold dredges to a number of countries.
A partial list of these includes:
• 24-inch x 24-inch diesel Shark dredge and 40-foot work boat to Abu Dhabi in 2006
• 14-inch x 12-inch electric Shark dredge to Colombia in 2006
• 10-inch x 8-inch custom diesel Barracuda dredge to Iraq in 2006
• 36-inch electric Shark dredge to Canada in 2006
• 24-inch x 24-inch custom diesel Shark to Abu Dhabi in 2005
• 20-inch Shark Class dredge to Nigeria in 2005
• eight-inch Amphibious dredge to Canada in 2005
• eight-inch Moray Class dredge to the Philippines in 2004
• 18-inch x 16-inch diesel Shark dredge and diesel booster unit to Canada in 2004
• eight-inch Moray Class dredge to Puerto Rico in 2004
• 14-inch x 12-inch electric Marlin dredges to Chile in 2003
With the recent launch of a standardized dredge product line, DSC anticipates their export sales will continue to grow well into the future. The need for their product has not yet shown a decline, nor does the company foresee one.
Dredging Supply Company, Inc., headquartered in Reserve, Louisiana, designs and manufactures cutter suction dredges and underwater pump mining dredges.
The editor thanks Lara Lightsey of DSC for assembling and transmitting these photos to us.