Korevaar Announces 650 Million In Orders
The company hosted cocktails for the group while Korevaar announced the following orders, valued at €650 million:
• a 32,000 cubic meter trailing suction hopper dredge for Van Oord. The ship will be built at Kinderdijk and is to be delivered at the end of 2009;
• a 16,900 kW stationary custom-built cutter-suction dredge for HUTA Marine Works Ltd of Saudi-Arabia, to be built at Sliedrecht and completed during the first quarter of 2010;
• a 4,687kW stationary custom-built mono-pontoon cutter-suction dredge for Malaysian dredging contractor Inai Kiara Sdn Bhd. The dredge will be built at Sliedrecht, with completion in 2008;
• two letters of intent from Koninklijke Boskalis Westminster – one for the construction of a 40,000-cubic-meter jumbo trailing suction hopper dredge, and for two large 12,000-cubic-meter trailing suction hopper dredges. Delivery of the jumbo dredge is planned for the spring of 2011, and the others will be delivered in 2009 and 2011. The jumbo dredge will be built at Krimpen aan den Ijssel, and the other two at Hardinxveld-Giessendam, and Kinderdijk.
The company also received orders for other vessels:
• a new heavy lift crane vessel for Seaway Heavy Lifting in Cyprus. With a lifting capacity of 5,000 tons it will be the largest monohull heavy lift crane vessel in the world. The ship will be built at the IHC Krimpen Shipyard, and engineering and purchasing will be carried out by the Merwede Shipyard. Delivery of the completed ship is planned for the first quarter of 2010. The crane will be designed and constructed by Gusto BV which is a subsidiary of SBM Offshore NV. The ship will be equipped with a number of products and systems produced by IHC Hydrohammer, IHC HYTOP and IHC Handling Systems.
• a multi-purpose offshore support ship will be built for Hornbeck Offshore Services in Covington, Louisiana. The ship is to be built by Merwede Shipyard BV, with delivery in the third quarter of 2009.